742 total views, 1 views today
The underlying reason why people are often scared to come out of their comfort zone is that they are afraid of failure. This is why procrastination is often seen as the fear of failure rather than a sign of laziness. If not checked, fear can make us form the habit of not trying at all, reducing our productivity.
Procrastination is the practice of putting off necessary tasks with hopes of doing them later. Sometimes, people opt for doing more pleasurable things against those that are not pleasurable. If procrastination is not checked, it graduates into a habit that can be detrimental to your health. In order to rise above procrastination, it is important to reprogram different areas of your subconscious. There are methods that can be used to overcome procrastination in order to live a fulfilled life.
Before going into hypnotherapy as an effective method, you can transform your mind by linking the achievement of a task with a positive feeling. This means that you link the performance of that task with a good feeling and reward yourself for doing that task and crossing it off the long list of waiting tasks.
Another tool that can be used to beat procrastination is self-hypnotherapy which will be clearly explained as you read further.
- The first thing is to monitor and take note of your stress levels with zero being the lowest level and ten being a full-blown panic attack.
- Make yourself comfortable. Keep your spine straight by sitting in a comfortable chair, placing your hands gently on your lap and placing your feet on the floor.
- Take four deep but slow breaths and inhale for four counts and exhale for eight counts through your nose.
- Picture a color you love in your head and let it flow through your entire body. All your focus should be at the palm of your hands, taking few breaths in between.
- Close your eyes and count starting from 10 down to 1 consistently repeating the phrase “I am going deeper and deeper”. Words like “I am safe, I am calm, and I choose to be here. I easily complete the biggest item on my to-do list. I am in the zone” are hypno-affirmations which can be silently said or spoken aloud.
- Feel the experience of being productive every day and let it wash you. Bring in the color you had imagined when you started the session and let it flow through you. You can go for imagination and picture how fulfilled you will be when you have a productive day.
- Finally, open your eyes and smile! Say “yes!” enthusiastically while stretching your arms over the top of your head.
- Remember the stress level you took note of at the beginning of the session? Compare the new number you have on the scale still using the same scaling and check results.
- You should see a big improvement from the previous levels noted. Give yourself a big pat on the back on how better you feel or on any improvements noticed. Next time you find yourself procrastinating, be sure to try these!