389,896 total views, 126 views today
Your dog is a member of the family — and you would never give a member of your family scraps. That’s why so many dog owners seek out brands that proudly use higher standards than the typical grocery store dog food, selecting meals that contain quality, human-grade ingredients.
Feeding your dog the highest-quality food is a noble quest, but it can take some work to determine the optimal diet for your canine companion. And with so many brands claiming their food is the best option for your dog, how can you know which is truly perfect for your pup?
If you’re already avoiding unregulated and low-quality dry kibble, you’ve likely come across two brands: Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog. Both these brands deliver fresh pre-portioned meals right to your doorstep, but each offers its own unique benefits. Here, we’ll dive into what brings these two companies together and what sets them apart.
What Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog have in common
- Human-grade protein, fruits, and vegetables. Both brands prioritize this vital nutrient group with meal options centered around meat your dog will devour. To complete their recipes’ nutrient profiles, both Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog supplement their meals with nutrition-rich fruits and vegetables. This diligence has earned both brands the stamp of approval from the USDA and the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Veterinarian-approved formulations. Each company consults with a team of reputable, highly-experienced veterinarians to devise healthy, tasty recipes that your pup will love.
- Specially cooked to preserve the nutrient profile. When food is cooked at higher temperatures, vital nutrients can be eliminated, so both brands cook their meals at low temperatures to ensure that your pup is getting everything he or she needs.
- Customized to your dog. Whether you have a 6-pound Yorkie or a 70-pound Dalmatian, both Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog portion each meal accordingly. To get started with either brand, you’ll take a quiz that designs your dog’s meal plan to serve him or her the ideal diet for his or her weight, breed, age, and other important factors.
- Vacuum-sealed and pre-portioned: Both brands take the guesswork out of serving your dog an appropriately sized meal with pre-portioned containers. Simply remove a single pack, and it’s time to eat!
- Shipped to your doorstep in environmentally-friendly shipping. Both Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog offer fast and free shipping. The insulated box is entirely biodegradable and recyclable.
Where Spot & Tango and The Farmer’s Dog differ
- Spot & Tango recipes are developed by animal nutritionists. Although both brands’ food is approved by veterinarians, Spot & Tango goes the extra mile to consult veterinarians and nutritionists during the recipe-writing process. The end result is not only delicious, but designed to support your pup’s ideal health.
- Spot & Tango offers a topper plan. Transitioning your pup to a new food can be challenging. Spot & Tango makes this effort easier by offering smaller portions of Spot & Tango’s food with your dog’s current food as he or she gets used to the new recipes. The Farmer’s Dog offers helpful tips on its website for transitioning food, but does not offer smaller plans.
- Spot & Tango offers a Fresh Dry option: Although both brands offer fresh-cooked recipes, only Spot & Tango has a dry food for dogs. Their product, UnKibble, takes all of the benefits of their fresh recipes, and adds the convenience of a dry format.
- Spot & Tango offers a money-back guarantee. On all trial orders, dissatisfied dog owners can get their money back with Spot & Tango. Plus, PeopleHype readers get 50% off their first box using code PEOPLEHYPE50.
How to get started with your preferred brand
Once you’ve decided which of these brands you’ll go with, simply head to that brand’s website and take the quiz. You’ll enter your dog’s weight, breed, age, and other characteristics. Then, your chosen brand can build you a custom meal plan perfect for your pup. In a matter of days, fresh dog food will appear at your doorstep, and your dog might just love the high-quality, nutritious, tasty food you’ve introduced to his or her life!
Quick Guide: Spot & Tango vs. The Farmer’s Dog
|Spot & Tango||The Farmer’s Dog|
|Meat protein percentage||50%||30% – 40%|
|Other ingredients||Fruits, vegetables, egg, quinoa, millet, brown rice||Fruits and vegetables|
|Potato fillers used?||No||Yes|
|Available recipes||Beef, turkey, lamb||Beef, turkey, pork|
|Cooking process||Small batches at low temperatures||Low temperatures|
|Money-back guarantee?||Yes, on trial orders||No|
|Packaging||Pre-portioned bags||Pre-portioned bags|
|Vet approved?||Yes, and formulated by Animal Nutritionists||Yes|
|Cost||Starts at $2/day||Starts at $3/day|
|Can be mixed with current food?||Yes, with topper plan||No|
|Company ownership||Family-owned||Venture capital-owned|
Special Offer: Spot & Tango is offering PeopleHype readers 50% off when they use code PEOPLEHYPE50.
The PeopleHype team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. PeopleHype has a relationship with advertisers, and sometimes receives products or a share of revenue from your purchase. All posts are for entertainment purposes.