1,586 total views, 1 views today
More and more, people are more conscious of going ”green”. There are a few things that are hard to change, but that a huge impact on our planet. What about the kitchen? Do you want it to be eco-friendly? We’ve prepared a list for you that will get you to the goal you want to achieve! So, keep reading and get the best sustainable kitchen ever!
- When it comes to shopping… How do you shop? This question is of the same importance as the shopping of the food you buy. What can you do here to become more eco-friendly? Definitely, use reusable bags! Our best advice would be also to use reusable produce bags or insulated shopping bag as well. And don’t worry, you will have enough space to carry everything you’ve bought in these bags.
- Eat Clean(er). While this may not help the environment, it will help your family combat some of the bad stuff…like pesticides. Does your family use a produce wash? You will be definitely more secure in knowing you’ve gotten all the bad chemicals off the food you eat.
- Make the most of your waste. Once you’ve cooked and cleaned your food, creating a compost bin is another great step to cutting down on waste, and creating fertilizer for your own garden.
- Stop using plastic. What about your plastic cutting board? You should definitely replace it with the one made from the natural ingredients. It may seem like a small change, but believe me, it matters a lot! Even small amounts of plastic consumed can have negative effects on your body. Also, the less plastic we buy, the less that’s created overall…so the next time it gets dingy go for the nice bamboo board.
- How should you store your food? When it comes to storage, our best advice would definitely be to use pyrex storage containers. Some plastics aren’t approved for use with food still somehow make their way into food containers. So, avoiding plastic here is best. Another step is buying reusable sandwich bags and eco-friendly reusable food wrap. These seem to be items we always run out of in my house, so it’s also more convenient in addition to being better for your health and the earth.
Got other tips for a sustainable kitchen? Leave them in the comments below!