1,301 total views, 1 views today
Now that it’s warmer outside, you’re probably ready to enjoy some fun outdoor recreation activities. You might even want to get some exercise or feel some sort of adrenaline rush while enjoying the great outdoors. However, it’s often hard to figure out which kind of outdoor activity you’re most likely to enjoy. Read on to learn how to choose your next outdoor adventure so you head outside confident you’ll enjoy your day.
Hiking might be best for you if:
- You like long walks. After you get your hiking boots, a backpack full of water and snacks, you can easily enjoy a nice outdoor adventure hiking in nature.
- You want to see a nice view. Whether you embark on a low-intensity or high-intensity hike, you can get some great views of lakes, trees, or mountains.
- You want to be healthy while spending time with others. You can get some great exercise and have fun hiking with others if you hike as a group. You can even go on a date hiking.
Cycling might be best for you if:
- You like exercising but not walking. You can enjoy different kinds of biking like city biking, long-distance trail biking, and mountain biking to exercise at a speed faster than walking but less intense than running. Biking is a pleasant, low-intensity workout that allows you to travel long distances without having to walk.
- You want to go to multiple places. If you want to go to multiple places or do several adventurous activities, biking from one destination to the other is healthy, environmentally friendly, and low-cost (or, more often than not, no-cost).
- You want to feel the breeze. Feeling the breeze on a warm day is just nice, and the speed you can achieve on a bike generates a breeze all around you.
Canoeing and kayaking might be best for you if:
- You want to be near the water. If you love the scenery of a lake, river, or whitewater rapids, you can go canoeing or kayaking. Both activities can be either calming or exhilarating depending on the water.
- You want to feel a rush (while kayaking, not canoeing). Kayaks travel faster than canoes because kayak paddles can more easily move the lightweight boat.
- You want to cool off. Although canoes don’t easily capsize, whitewater kayaking will probably get you at least a little wet. If it’s a hot day and you’re craving a natural splash of cold water, kayaking is the way to go.
Horseback riding might be best for you if:
- You want to have a connection to an animal. Horseback riding can be an enjoyable outdoor adventure because you’ll get to experience a horse’s body language. Horses are very expressive, and it can be heart-warming to feel some sort of connection to another animal on your adventure.
- You want to work on your posture. While riding a horse, you’ll need to have your back straight so your weight is evenly distributed on the horse’s back. Your posture will determine how the horse moves.
- You want to ride something at variable speed. While you’re on your outdoor adventure while riding a horse, it’s important to start at a speed that makes you comfortable. However, if you’re experienced, you can go at a faster speed than you could on most outdoor adventures. You’ll feel the horse gallop and enjoy a nice breeze.
Which outdoor adventures sound the most fun for you? Share your thoughts in the comments!