982 total views, 1 views today
If you are anxious, or if you know someone who is fighting this hard battle, then this article will definitely interest you. We will talk about all those little habits that people with anxiety have. They may not seem like a huge problem to all those people that don’t have anxiety, but if you do, you will exactly know what I am talking about. We have asked many anxious people about their behaviors, and these are the most common behaviors that they repeat each and every day:
1. Biting their nails. People who are feeling anxious bite their nails literally whole their life. There are many stages when it comes to biting the nails, but most of the people who are fighting against anxiety at least pick their cuticles.
2. Yawning. No, your friend is not bored. He or she is yawning because their body doesn’t get enough oxygen. How is that possible? The cortisol, hormone of stress, is responsible for yawning. It pumps the blood through the body so fast because that hormone thinks that you are in danger. Yet, you or your friend may be just drinking your favorite juice in some local cafe. Well, if you have social anxiety, the local cafe may seem like a dangerous place and yes, you will yawn.
3. Going to the restroom. If you need to visit the restroom more often than the others, don’t worry, you don’t have some infection. It is your anxiety. You need to pee more often than the other people.
4. Shaking. If you find yourself suddenly shaking, it may be your anxiety. The same rule can be applied here as for yawning. You don’t get enough oxygen. Your body is under a lot of stress and your muscles are so tight. Your body is just preparing for some fight, we all know won’t happen, but it will, in your head.
5. Teeth grinding. Oh, I hate this one the most. I have been born at the wartime. Since I was a baby, I had this problem. I still have it. It mostly happens while you are sleeping. So, no, your diet is not poor and you have enough calcium in your body. It is all about the anxiety and anger you keep inside yourself for a long period of time.
6. ”Hands in use” all the time. If your hands ”are somehow busy” all the time, it means that you cannot relax at all.
You are a brave person, and I am sure that you will win this hard battle. Don’t give up!